Saturday, December 6, 2014

Ocean in a Bottle

It is super rainy and ugly outside and I have my sisters Stephanie and Geanese over for the night. We have been extremely bored and since we can't go out anywhere I decided to do a little fun experiment that will be fun for any kid (I found it cool too lol) So here is an easy activity to distract the kiddies with easy supplies that everyone has in their house.

Items you will need:
Clear Bottle
Water
Blue Food Coloring
Oil 

I used the a small vinegar bottle so its small enough for Nate to hold. First you should fill the bottle with 1/3 of water. Then drop a few drops of the blue food coloring. Include the child as much as you can so I let Nate do all the shaking to mix the water and food coloring together. 
Then fill the rest with oil and the image above is what it will look like. Once you flip it upside down then you will get this... 
You can add glitter, rocks, whatever you'd like. Makes a fun sensorial activity for your little one on a rainy day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment