Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Honest review about Honest

The day I became a mom, I finally found who I was. I knew I wanted to create the safest and healthiest environment for my son. I started to do tons of research about the products I was using on or around him. A lot of baby products are proclaimed to be safe but often contain chemicals that are linked to chronic diseases, including some of the products we use around our children. With that being said, this blog is going to be an Honest review about The Honest Company and their amazing natural products! If you don't know about The Honest Co, it it a company that was founded by Jessica Alba and Christopher Gavigan. They sell affordable natural baby products, bath & body, cleaning and health & wellness products. 

Their best product is their diapers. I can't express enough how much we LOVE Honest diapers. Not only do they have tons of cute prints but they're chemically safe for our babies. We use cloth diapers on Nate, but there are times where we get lazy or backed up on diaper laundry. Reason we switched to cloth diapers is mainly because of the severe rashes Nate use to get from disposables, like Pampers or Huggies. Once we switched we never dealt with a rash while using the cloth diapers. But when we are lazy or backed up on diaper laundry we want to make sure that Nate's booty is rash free. Nothing worked for us, not Pampers or Huggies, or A&D and Desitin creams. Nate would have a severe rash for days until we came across The Honest Company. It sometimes is hard to convince David of why natural and organic products are good for our family, so for him to say that Honest diapers are the best disposables out there, its BIG! I love hearing his Crunchy side! LOL. These diapers also have a better fit than any other brand we have tried and never leak overnight. Ingredients in their diapers are Totally Chlorine-Free (TCF) Wood Pulp (From Certified Sustainably Managed Forests - No Optical Brighteners), Absorbent Bio-Core (Wheat/ Corn Starch Blended With Sodium Polyacrylate), Plant-Based PLA (Inner & Outer Layer), Non-Toxic Adhesives (In Seams & Joints), Polymer Spandex & Polyolefin (In Leg/Waist System), Polyurethane (In Waist Padding), Ink (Free Of Lead & Heavy Metals in Printed Backsheet), Citrus Extract & Liquid Chlorophyll (Natural Odor-Blockers in Bio-Core) 

                                                                   Another product that David thinks are amazing are the Honest wipes. He loves them when we run out of toilet paper lol. They are plant based, hypoallergenic, very soft, and fragrance free. They're Honestly free of alcohol, chlorine, phthalates, formaldehyde, paragons, phenols, quaternary ammonium compounds, SLS, and lanolin. 


The Honest soothing bottom wash is great for adding more moisture to the wipes, especially during poop diaper changes. We spray Nate's tooshy and use one wipe which is great. We usually make our own solution that includes water, natural baby soap, coconut oil, and tea tree oil for our cloth wipes. This product is great for anyone who doesn't want to make their own. We won't be buying this again since we use our own in a spray bottle. Honest suggest that it is also great for an all over cleanser. 

My Holy Grail!! My favorite product EVER! The Honest healing Balm! If you're reading this you MUST purchase this! This can be used for a lot of things. Nate had a severe rash once for days and I wanted to cry because no matter what I used, it would not go away. Received this and tried it and I kid you not! His rash was gone by the next diaper change. It is also great for chapped lips, eczema, minor cuts and scrapes. Nate fell on his forehead recently and got his first bump, I put healing balm on it because I swear by this product! The consistency feels great; easy to wipe off during rash diaper changes unlike A&D or Desitin. 

The Organic breath easy rub is another amazing product we are happy with.  We put it on Nate's chest, neck and back every night so that that he can have a good night sleep. When Nate has a stuffy nose we go straight to this product and it puts him at ease. We use it on ourselves as well.  It is Honestly free of menthol, petroleum, lanolin, phthalates, parabens, fragrances, mineral oil, and dyes. Smells great too.  

on top of text

Honest Toothpaste is one product hard to convince David to switch. Honestly free of SLS, sulfates, saccharin, fluoride, artificial sweeteners, paragons, gluten and dyes. If you like your toothpaste to leave you with that extremely minty clean feeling than this toothpaste isn't for you. David doesn't like it for that reason. I on the other hand don't think its that bad. The more I use it, the more I'm liking it. My teeth look and feel clean after I use it.                                       

If you enjoy that extreme minty feeling than buy the Honest mouthwash. Use that after brushing with the Honest toothpaste and you will feel really minty and clean. They're a perfect match! 

The Honest shampoo and body wash is another great product. It's scent is sweet orange vanilla. Smells like a creamsicle. Honestly free of SLS, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, fragrances, dyes, sodium chloride, formaldehyde, MEA, DEA, TEA & most common allergens unlike other brands like Johnson & Johnson that have admitted to having formaldehyde in their shampoo. 


The Honest bubble bath is great for bath time fun or relaxation. David is a big fan of bubble baths; I keep trying to tell him that a little bit goes a long way. It is recommended to use 2-4 capfuls for the perfect bubble bath. I use one capful on Nate and I believe thats enough. They even send you a free bubble wand for bath time fun with your children. 

Honest hand soap in scent Mandarin isn't one of my favorite products. It is too watery for my liking. It would slide off a kids hands before even making it to the water. They made a new formula called foaming hand soap so that might be a better option. I will be buying it soon to test it out. 






I have extremely long thick tangled hair, so I bought the Honest Conditioning detangler for myself. I have tried it on myself, my sister who has extremely tight tangled curls, and Nate. It is one of the best detanglers I've tried. My sister usually cries when having her hair brushed and this took the knots right out. I use it for Nate's little mohawk; it does a great job of keeping it in place. Best of all, it leaves you smelling like an orange creamsicle. 


I am very allergic to mosquitoes, every bite becomes extremely swollen. I become the biggest babies when I get bit everywhere. I will do everything in my power to keep these stupid mosquitoes away from my baby boy. I hate the feeling myself so I can't imagine how a baby will feel. Thank God I haven't noticed any bites on Nate. I have tried the Honest bug spray once at the park with mosquitoes; neither of us were bit so hopefully thats because it worked. Summer just started so by the end of it I should have more of an opinion. 

The Honest multi-surface cleaner is great for everyday cleaning. Does not work for tough spots but great for cleaning counters, high chairs, cribs, night stands, etc. It's important that we know what chemicals are in surface cleaners since our children touch everything and then put their hands in their mouth.





The Honest fruit and veggie wash naturally removes waxes, toxic pesticides, chemical residue, pathogens, dirt, and bacteria cur face contaminants (found on both conventional and organically grown produce.) Has no taste or oder. Just spray your fruit and veggie, leave for 1-2 minutes than rinse it off and enjoy! Those are the only cleaning products I've used but can't wait to buy the rest. I will post an update review on my next order. 



The last product I will review is the Baby & Toddler Multi Powder. Honest says to mix it with breastmilk, formula, drinks, or food. It has a berry taste so Nate loves it most mixed in his greek yogurt. I have tried it with his water but the powder doesn't mix well with drinks so he didn't drink it. Made with pure, high quality & real food nutrients to provide the critical nutrition needed to support the development of a healthy, strong body. Honestly free of soy, wheat, gelatin, sodium, dairy, eggs, lactose, tree nuts, peanuts, fish/shellfish, gluten, yeast, casein, sweeteners/HFCS, GMOs, dyes/colors, parabens, phthalates, preservatives, salicylates, artificial flavors, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals & synthetic additives.

If you want a free trial of their diapers, wipes, healing balm, hand soap, shampoo & body wash, multi surface cleaner, face & body lotion, and a health and wellness bundle than click here (Honest). You get to try a lot of their products, all you have to pay is shipping $5.95. Definitely worth trying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment